LACONIA — A woman has died following a two-alarm fire at a residence on Highland Street Wednesday afternoon.
Laconia Fire Chief Kirk Beattie said the woman, who he described as elderly, was found shortly after 2 p.m. by firefighters on the first floor of the building at 171 Highland Street. She was not breathing and firefighters began CPR immediately, the chief said.
Beattie said he was informed about 4:30 p.m. that the woman had died. He was unable to identify the woman and said her family was being notified.
Read the Paper at Home!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Question of the Week
- Thurston family sells their marina
- Robert De Niro 'forced' to work
- State's mask mandate being lifted Friday
- Seasonal lakefront home goes up in 3-alarm blaze
- Historic Weirs house appears headed for demolition
- 3-alarm fire destroys lakefront residence
- Richard Champagne, 68
- Anthony J. Cox, 32
- Unlocked cars hit by thieves, prompting warning
- Meredith, NH — One of the top 10 best small towns on the East Coast