Welcome to the Digital Public Square
Welcome to The Laconia Daily Sun’s Digital Public Square 1.0, a place for civil and thoughtful dialogue, and an experiment in developing the technology and processes to better understand our differences and try to find common ground. The variety that characterizes our community is one of our greatest assets. We differ in our facts, our principles, our objectives and our views of how the world works. Listening to each other to fully understand and appreciate such differences, before we respond, will improve our civic dialogue. Please keep in mind that collectively we are responsible for the topics and tone of this forum.
To be consistent with & limited to our purpose of creating a place for civil & thoughtful dialogue, postings should:
● Be relevant & helpful to constructive dialogue by being focused, well supported & easily understood
● Be respectful of all participants & of their points of view
● Invite continuing dialogue to clarify each other’s perspectives, listen to understand & then to pursue the search for common ground, if possible, or least, common understanding of the sources of our differences
● Exclude commercial solicitation
● Exclude tone & substance that would damage individual or group’s reputations or the image of The Laconia Daily Sun's Digital Public Square
● Respect private & protected information & intellectual property
Issues and news on race and racism have been prominent in The Laconia Daily Suns’ news coverage, columns, and letters to the editors over the last few months driven both by national and local events and a continuing debate on critical race theory in education. They prompted me to wonder “Wha…
- On racial issues, we all must listen in order to understand
- Katie Preston's Journey Through the Holocaust- Part 1 of 3
- Katie Preston's Journey Through the Holocaust- Part 2 of 3
- Katie Preston's Journey Through the Holocaust- Part 3 of 3
- Divided We Stand
- What does progress on racial issues look like?
- Reconcile our Differences with Civil Discourse
- Thoughts on maximizing dialog in the Forum.
- How can we reconcile our differences over the election?
- Volunteers wanted for active listening exercise
- Racism and xenophobia
- Why Mask Mandates Should Be Lifted
- Cancel Culture
- Town Meeting Dilemma: In-Person vs Remote/Informational Sessions
- Fear, Folly and
- The Digital Public Square and a bill to ban the propagation of "divisive ideas" in schools
- Rooted in Opechee
- Who should a State Rep represent?
- What a great idea!
- Discussing what's going on!
- Welcome! Please share your reason for participating in The Digital Public Square 1.0