This is a friendly reminder to all that Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) runs October 15th through December 7th. During this time Medicare beneficiaries can review and change their prescription drug and Medicare Advantage plans for the best coverage and cost options. Coverage for any plan changes made during AEP begins on January 1, 2021. There is still time to make plan changes!
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF MEDICARE
(from Medicare and You Handbook 2021 which can be accessed and downloaded at www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/10050-Medicare-and-You.pdf):
Get help choosing the coverage option that’s right for you:
• Get free, personalized counseling from your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) - in NH that is the ServiceLink Resource Center at 1-866-634-9412.
• Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
• Find and compare health and drug plans at Medicare.gov/plan-compare.
Get the most value out of your health care:
• We want to make sure you have the information you need to make the best decisions about your health care. This includes giving you access to accurate cost estimates and quality information up front, so you can compare and choose the providers and services that give you the most value.
Get free help with your Medicare questions:
• For general Medicare questions, visit Medicare.gov, or call 1-800-MEDICARE.
Get preventive services:
• Medicare covers many preventive services at no cost to you. Ask your doctor or other health care provider which preventive services (like screenings, shots or vaccines, and yearly “Wellness” visits) you need.
Get mental health and substance use disorder services:
• Medicare covers certain screenings, services, and programs that aid in the treatment and recovery of mental health and substance use disorders (review the handbook for the specific screenings, services, and programs available).
ServiceLink of Belknap County provides FREE and UNBIASED counseling related to Medicare coverage options. Lori Raymond with ServiceLink of Belknap County can assist beneficiaries to review their current plans. Appointments are filling up fast so please contact ServiceLink at 603-528-6945. We are located at 67 Water St, Suite 105 in Laconia, NH. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.