LACONIA — The Lakes Region General Hospital Auxiliary this year awarded five scholarships to area students pursuing degrees or certificates in accredited and licensed healthcare disciplines.
Scholarships are awarded annually to applicants based on need, merit, community and extracurricular activities, and goals. The initiative is possible due to volunteers working in the LRGH gift shop. This year, the shop closed temporarily, and was still able to award scholarships to these five students.
• Nemanja Boskovic of Laconia, studying biotechnology at University of New Hampshire Manchester
• Anne Dionne of Laconia, pursuing a doctor of pharmacy degree at University of Rhode Island in Kingston, R.I.
• Kathryn Donnelly on New Hampton, studying at the College of Health and Human Services at UNH Durham
• Kate Fife of Meredith, pursing an associate’s degree in nursing at Lakes Region Community College
• Joy Piper of Belmont, pursing a bachelor of nursing degree at University of Massachusetts Amherst College of Nursing in Springfield, Mass.