By THOMAS P. CALDWELL, LACONIA DAILY SUN
BELMONT — Police investigating a series of weekend thefts from unlocked motor vehicles have recovered some of the stolen property, and Lt. Richard Mann said they have interviewed three teen suspects and are investigating the possibility of a fourth accomplice.
Because of their ages, police have made no arrests, but Mann said they will be seeking juvenile petitions through the family court system to hold them accountable for criminal trespassing and receiving stolen property.
Those interviewed admitted their roles in dozens of thefts over the past month, including this past weekend when police received two dozen reports from residents of Province and Hoadley roads. The suspects surrendered electronics, a purse, and a handgun that had been stolen last month.
Mann asked that anyone whose car was damaged or ransacked over the weekend, and who has not reported it, to call the Belmont Police Department.
“It is important that we make sure all of the crime victims of these theft events are identified and damage to your property is logged for prosecution purposes,” said Mann.
Police also are seeking any video footage from home security systems if it shows any suspicious people in, on, or around the property between late Saturday evening and early Sunday morning. Call the department at 603-267-8350.