LACONIA — William J. Surowiec Jr., 40, of 251 Main St., Tilton, is facing up to 30 years in jail and a $500,000 fine on a special felony charge of possessing more than 5 grams of fentanyl. He is also charged with multiple other drug offenses, following his indictment by a Belknap County Superior Court Grand Jury.
The charges arising from Aug. 31 allegations also include Class B felonies of being an accomplice in the sale of methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, each of which carries a potential 3.5- to 7-year sentence and a $100,000 fine; and possession of methandrostenolone, alprazolam, buprenorphine, methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), and testosterone enanthate, each carrying 3.5- to 7-year sentences and $25,000 fines.
Surowiec also faces three counts of being an accomplice in methamphetamine sales on July 25, Aug. 2, and Aug. 23.
The grand jury also handed up the following indictments:
• Gregg Neylon, 40, of 7 Winter St., Belmont, was indicted on two counts of welfare fraud for having provided false information about his household income to the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, resulting in his receiving benefits to which he was not entitled.
• Casey A. Paiva, 27, of 18 Meredith Lane, Barnstead, faces a Class A felony charge of possessing fentanyl.
• David E. Piper, 46, of 96 Merrimack St., Laconia, faces a charge of operating a motor vehicle after been certified as a habitual offender.
• Jeanne M. Puglisi, 20, of 23 Tufts Lane, Center Harbor, faces two Class A felony burglary charges and one Class A misdemeanor charge of theft by unauthorized taking.
• Albert Rama, 23, of 72 Batchelder St., Laconia, faces two Class B felony charges of being an accomplice to drug sales by arranging for a confidential informant to meet with drug dealers at his Laconia residence.
• Peter Richard, 33, of 7 Melissa Drive, Suncook, faces a Class B felony charge of aggravated driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, resulting in serious bodily injury to another when he allegedly caused a motor vehicle collision on Narrows Road in Barnstead on July 30.
• Davie Stebbins, 41, of 103 Blueberry Lane, Laconia, faces a special felony charge of selling between 1 and 5 grams of fentanyl and a Class A felony charge selling a quantity of fentanyl.
• Scott P. Thompson, 43, of 21 Sleepy Hollow Lane, Belmont, faces a charge of possessing methamphetamine.
• Travis M. Vachon, 30, of 157 Fisher Hill Road, Concord, faces a Class A felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking involving the theft of antique silver worth more than $1,500 on April 16. He also is charged with Class B robbery for grabbing a purse on Nov. 12. A third indictment alleges that he operated a motor vehicle after being certified as a habitual offender.
• Ty D. White, 32, a transient of Laconia, faces a special felony charge of selling methamphetamine.
• Chad Young, 35, of 30 Wakeman Road, Belmont, faces a Class B felony charge of selling methamphetamine.
– Tom Caldwell