To The Daily Sun,
There have been countless Obamacare letters written to The Daily Sun from liberals over the years — the latest from Mirno Pasquali, all infected with the same logic flaw.
The far left talks only about the benefit side of the ledger. A ledger has two sides, not just one. Liberals ask you to shoot logic in the head. Of course most people won't. That is why to this day the majority of Americans in every mainstream poll ever taken oppose Obamacare. These results infuriate Obamacare huggers to no end.
Mirno says, if you just keep focusing on the "benefit side" you will become as deluded about Obamacare as I am. I and hundreds of millions of other Americans demand a cost accounting of Obamacare, next to the benefit accounting.
A short review of Obamacare history reveals the following. Its the missing data Democrats refuse to talk about, including Mirno.
1. Five years into the program, the majority of Americans still firmly oppose Obamacare.
2 The cost side of the ledger reveals thousands of people harmed — paying much higher rates for every person helped. The help-to-hurt ratio sucks, to coin a modern phrase. No one denies Obamacare helps some people. But at what cost, to how many people? I can assure you Mirno doesn't know. More insulting, he doesn't want to know. His lack of compassion for those harmed sickens me. No one is going to have logical or common sense debate with Mirno about Obamacare.
3. Is it mere coincidence 20 million people have fallen out of the middle class since Obama was elected and Obamacare enacted? That many of those ejected felt the brunt of paying for those who benefit?
4. Is it coincidence that Democrats lost Congress after they passed Obamacare? Then they lost the Senate. Then they lost the majority of governorships. Then they lost so many state legislatures the Democratic presence shrank to numbers not seen since the early 1900s. Does that sound like an electorate in love with the Obamacare?
5. Is it coincidence that all the Democratic politicians who voted for Obamacare were immediately voted out of office.
6. Is it coincidence that just about every Democrat running for office has run from Obamacare as fast as their feet would carry them?
7. Is it coincidence Obamacare is producing what will be less-than-a-handful of giant insurers and hospitals that control all of health care while competition has all but dried up as the little guy in health care been blown from existence? Let Democrats once again extol their love for the little guy as Obamacare shoots everyone of them in the head, stone cold dead. I did not mention doctors because they have already been bought out wholesale by hospitals. Doctors and hospitals are now one entity. No small, independent doctor's office can survive the ravages, costs and compliance demanded by Obamacare. Mirno doesn't give a rats behind. I do.
8. Is it coincidence 55 percent of doctors in metropolitan areas already refuse to see Medicaid patients? That is where the majority of them live.
9. The percentage of people on Medicare who have trouble finding a primary care doctor are now at record levels. That number is now about 30 percent and going higher fast. Why wouldn't that be the case? Obamacare took $500 billion from the Medicare program and cut payments to doctors. Now, even fewer doctors are willing to treat Medicare patients because they go broke doing it.
10. Is it coincidence that the health outcomes of people on private insurance are better than those paid by government? This is a fact. Worse, government is already paying for 89 percent of all medical costs in America. That means 89 percent are getting poorer results than they should.
11. Is it coincidence health insurance rates on the exchanges are going up 25 percent on average in 45 states in 2016, while out-of-pocket deductibles increase as well. All on the cost side of the Obamacare ledger that Mirno refuses to talk about.
12. The health outcomes of people with no insurance are no worse than those who are on Medicaid. America is wasting hundreds of billions of dollars as the middle class hemorrhages people unable to make ends meet in order to subsidize free heath care for millions that produces zero medical benefits. It should be no surprise to anyone why the majority of Americans oppose Obamacare. No one without insurance, on average lives a day less than those on multibillion-dollar Medicaid. This fact has been pointed out a million times.
I can assure you the brain dead can't hear it. They refuse to look at the other half of the Obamacare ledger, the side that is ruining the lives of millions of people right now.
Mirno is dead wrong. I guarantee it. Obamacare will change, and dramatically, whether he wants it to or not. It is going to change quickly because many Democrats don't like many parts of it, because the majority of their constituents don't like much of it. Sanity will eventually prevail over the brain dead.
- Category: Letters
- Hits: 213