To The Daily Sun,
Let's be honest. We all know Obamacare is a disaster of biblical proportions, from its BRIBED origins to today's colossal, sign up, computer catastrophe. Countless people have already wasted millions of hours in utter frustration watching dead, Obamacare computer screens. Americans are intelligent enough to recognize total failure when they see it. Bernadette Loesch, Kate Miller and James Veverka can dress the "Obama care pig " in a mini skirt, high heels, hoop ear rings and smear it with lipstick from snout to curly tail but the the ugly oinker will still remain. I called out local DEMOCRAT politician Kate Miller for her INCOMPLETE remarks regarding Obamacare. SHE AGREES ! She has yet to defend herself. Her unwillingness to debate OBAMACARE signals just how bad the legislation is and how SPINELESS Democrats are to defend what they jack hammered up your backside.
1. Maybe Kate can explain how ROBBING 500 billion dollars from Medicare (another DONKEY program BANKRUPTING America in the TRILLIONS ) to fund Obamacare helps improve the availability and quality of medical care for those age 65 or older who consume most of the health care in America. How does paying doctors hundreds of billions LESS for treating those on MEDICARE help the elderly. How does putting 30 million freebies in line (likely paying the doctor more ) before those on Medicare in a profession already short capacity help the old? Obama SLASHED Medicare QUALITY to pay for OBAMACARE. It is no wonder those on MEDICARE vote REPUBLICAN overwhelmingly and surely will in the 2014 election.
2. It is not just the elderly "thrown under the bus" by Obamacare. The young of this country (age 25 to 40 ) will be economically eviscerated to the bone. Obama decided THE YOUNG would pay for the "SICK" that have been excluded under preexisting conditions. The TYPICAL WEALTH of the "sick" person getting their health care paid will often be 10 TIMES the wealth of the person paying their bills. Don't always assume "sick and "poor" are synonymous. They aren't. The young are STAGGERING under record levels of college debt while Obamacare forces them to pay the health care costs of millionaires. What ever premiums the "sick" pay will be MINISCULE to their actual costs of care.
3. The number of DOCTORS willing to see Medicare and Medicaid patients is SHRINKING rapidly. Doctors simply can not afford to have 50 percent or more of their patients cost more than GOVERNMENT PAYS them and reimbursement rates plummet under Obamacare. Tell us all Kate how that helps the ELDERLY?
4. Obamacare creates more then TWENTY NEW TAXES on companies and individuals while America suffers the LOWEST percentage of the population working in 30 years under. Higher taxation KILLS JOB CREATION and sends record numbers to WELFARE HANDOUTS. There is no mystery why WELFARE and POVERTY are at records under OBAMA and Kate Miller.
5. Who thinks a new, HIGH tax on EVERY medical device maker costing BILLIONS improves the likelihood of new discoveries? These companies have all stated higher taxes will SLOW new medical DISCOVERY and SLOW employment in the one part of the economy with any life in it. That means we all live with MORE PAIN, LONGER! Thanks Kate!
6. Three presidents representing the largest unions in America wrote letters to Obama last month all screaming that Obama care's 30 hour work mandate was killing the 40-hour full-time work week unions had worked the last 100 years to accomplish. UNIONS demand Obama care be changed in so may ways it would render it meaningless. Why Bernadette?
7. If Obamacare is so GREAT, why the hell is just about anyone important in Washington D.C. INCLUDING the programs NAME SAKE exempted from it. WHY Kate?
8. Eighty percent of Americans are going to WAKE UP soon to discover they have been completely "HAD" by Democrats, the same way a sheep is by a wolf. Health care is only going to cost LESS to a very narrow segment of America. The other 80 percent will pay more than ever, for LESS THAN EVER. The largest burden of increased Obamacare cost will fall to the MIDDLE CLASS and the young. The wealth inequality of America so often politicized by Democrats will as usual only be worsened by Obamacare. I take all bets to the contrary in any amount. Open your wallet Kate, money talks and B.S. walks. You do a lot walking.
9. People will soon discover if they want anything that is even remotely "AFFORDABLE" under Obamacare they risk monstrous deductibles as high as $12,000 per year. They are going to find their doctor may not be in the program they want. They will find the hospital they want may not be in the program either. People are going to say "I HAVE BEEN DUPED ". Obamacare for the most part is the same, limited access, HMO plan I had 10 years ago, except it offers even less and I am paying five times more for it. We turned health care upside down because it was expensive. Now it is going to be even MORE expensive to the vast majority of Americans and they will get even less for it. The poor will become poorer as they do after every DONKEY IDEA. Nothing costs Americas MIDDLE CLASS MORE than when Democrats offer stuff for FREE to BUY ELECTIONS. You have been HAD again by the donkey my friends.
Last Updated on Friday, 18 October 2013 09:48
To The Daily Sun,
In the space of five minutes, the Weather Channel recently reported the floods in Colorado, the wildfires in California and an "unprecedented" amount of moisture in the air. Despite the fact that all of these are predicted by climate change models, there was NOT A WORD about climate change.
Nearly two-thirds of voters support significant steps to address climate change now. Cleaning up power plants is a common-sense step. The EPA has the authority to protect our health from dangerous carbon pollution and should act accordingly.
Industrial carbon pollution is at the highest levels in human history. The costs of inaction are already apparent: more destructive and deadly extreme weather; rising global temperatures; life-threatening diseases; and skyrocketing costs for disaster recovery.
Opponents of action to cut industrial carbon pollution ignore and deny the science that tells us it is time to act. Their funding comes from corporate polluters who deny the science to protect their profits while politicians deny the science to protect their political careers.
There is a virtual consensus of peer reviewed science that climate change is human caused. Science is not a democratic endeavor, we can't vote on the reality of climate change any more than we can vote to levitate a politician.
Since 1970, every $1 in investment in compliance with Clean Air Act standards has produced $4-8 in economic benefits. In N.H., a dollar invested in energy efficiency, a prime means of reducing carbon emissions, yields a $7 return.
The time for action is now.
Professor, Energy Services
Lakes Region Community College
Last Updated on Friday, 18 October 2013 09:44
To The Daily Sun,
In Thursday's Daily Sun, L.J. Siden wrote that Bob Jones was using veterans as "pawns" in his criticism of Representatives Shea-Porter and Kuster.
To accuse Bob Jones as he/she did, is despicable. But Siden, who for years has childishly refused to identify his or her gender, and who frequently
misrepresents what others have said or done, has once again gone over the cliff.
For those who don't know Bob Jones, here's a little sketch of his background. Born and raised in Vermont, he graduated from Fairhaven High School, after having set the school record for touchdowns scored. It was during the time of the Vietnam war and he enlisted in the U.S. Navy and studied to become a battlefield medic. He was sent to Vietnam and assigned to a division of U.S. Marines engaged in front line duty. During that time, Jones spent considerable time under fire on the battlefields, tending to wounded Marines. He was wounded twice and, because of his heroic actions under fire, he was awarded the Bronze Star with a "V" for valor. (He still bears the consequences of those wounds.) When he returned from the war, he was assigned to St. Alban's Naval Hospital as a medic. It was there that he met and married his wife Paula, who was also a Navy medic.
When they were honorably discharged, the Jones' settled in New Hampshire and he was in Dartmouth's first "Physician's Assistant" class. After graduation, he served for a number of years in a medical practice in Meredith. He then signed on with LRGHealthcare and was responsible for the hospital's "Vet-Link" program from its inception until his retirement late last year. He continues, as a non-paid volunteer, assisting veterans who avail themselves of that program. The number of veterans and their families that he has helped over the years is incalculable.
Jones was also one of the prime movers that established the POW-MIA weekly Thursday night vigil at Hesky Park in Meredith. That vigil remains unbroken for over 25 years and has received recognition by multiple governors of the State of New Hampshire. A noble cause to which he continues to devote his time and
In my lifetime, I have never met anyone who has been more sincerely dedicated to helping veterans and their families than Robert Creighton Jones. It has been my pleasure to know this genuine American hero.
For Mr./Ms. Siden to refer to him as a "pawn" is shameful. An apology is owed.
Last Updated on Friday, 18 October 2013 09:33
To The Daily Sun,
Comment made by one of the organizers of the Veteran Memorial March this past Sunday in DC: "The political agenda put forth by a local organizer in Washington DC yesterday (Sunday) was not in alignment with our message. We feel disheartened that some (guess who) would seek to hijack the narrative for political gain. The core principle was and remains about America honoring Veterans in a peaceful and 'apolitical' manner. Our love for and dedication remains to our Veterans, regardless of party affiliation or political leanings".
This is what was written on a Facebook page and explained to me by a person who had discussed with organizers that were Veterans. First of all, it should NOT have been called the "Million Veteran March" and second, it should have been pointed out that people OTHER than Veterans were involved in the organization of the march. Most there were there for the right reason. Many were not veterans and there for "other" reasons. It was explained to me that the "Don't Tread On Me" and "Confederate flags" that he saw were held by "other" than veterans.
The two nationally-known figures who spoke of "veterans not being used as pawns" were the ones who most often use veterans as pawns and were passing out small American flags. Those veterans who were there for the right reason were at the memorials — WW2, Korean and Vietnam — standing, walking and remembering with honor as they should have been. Others were looking for media attention and the opportunity to hug and say "thank you for your service" so others could hear, an act often used which has little meaning.
My letter in last week paper, in which I stated our two Congressional representatives should NOT receive the veteran vote here in N.H. generated some response both positive and negative. Both beat apathy. IF our reps did choose to stand with veterans and those who serve, the 1 percent they SAY they care about, they would have thought about their vote, USED the paid staff they have and done the right thing on behalf of the veterans of N.H. They along with our senators should understand by now that "Thank You For Your Service" no longer works. Faith, Trust, Truth, Responsibility and Accountability are what makes the difference. When it comes to Veterans and the 1 percent, "apolitical" actually means something!
Oh yes, by the way, American soldier, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, is'STILL being held POW in Afghanistan. We're to believe everything that can be done, is being done. Really? Faith, Trust, Truth, Responsibility and Accountability no longer an issue?
Veterans like myself AND Mr. Armstrong (buddy, Russ from Peterborough) are NOT going to carry your banner just because of your party name. Like he stated, "we agree on most issues", I think the difference might be, Mr. Armstrong served in the Air Force so at times his view would be "clouded". Having been a Navy Corpsman who served with the Marines, I had more training on just cleaning up the mess: "Get in, get out." Or, in the case of DC, discussing OUR N.H. reps: "Get it done or get the hell out!"
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 October 2013 10:59
To The Daily Sun,
Thank you, Barack Hussein Obama...
For the way you have divided our country more than any president that I have lived through! How easily you forgot the very platform you ran on. Remember your words, "There is no Red or Blue America, there is only America. You ran as the great "Uniter," but you are really the great "Divider!"
You do your very best to pit Democrats against Republicans and what a great job you have done! Mission-accomplished, you have won!
The way you insult American citizens, who dare disagree with you, like when you disrespectfully said, "the Republicans can sit on the back of the bus." I could not believe your words in your recent speech, when you twice said, "the Republicans are holding a gun to our heads." This type of speech only incites violence, especially coming from the President of the United States of America! Maybe you can come up with a better way to get your point across! I remember the left jumping all over Sarah Palin, when she drew a circle on a map and put a pin in it!
I am equally disturbed at your hateful speech, blaming the "Tea Party" for everything. Are you aware Mr. President, that the "Tea Party" is made up of hundreds of thousands of hardworking American citizens, like myself, who have a constitutional right to voice our concerns and worries about the way our country is being governed? Now, under your IRS, we have to fear that right!
How easy it was for you and your administration to condone the disgusting actions of the "Occupy Wall Street Gangs" as they caused disruption and destruction in numerous cities across America? Their movement cost American taxpayers millions of our hard-earned tax dollars!
You promised great transparency — far from it! Your words are meaningless! Why would you tell the American people (knowing it was not true) that under your health care plan, we could keep our current health care plans and doctors? Only meaningless words and lies come out of your mouth!
I believe these facts, along with the many scandals that have plagued your administration, are enough to ask for your resignation. Please Mr. President, do what is best to save our great nation and resign!
I suppose I will be seeing the IRS knock on my door, as Dr. Ben Carson did after he disagreed with your health care plan. Is this really, where the left wants America to go? I would hope not, but knowing the censorship that all major mainstream news stations deal in, many American Citizens are kept in the dark! I never thought America would see that day but, it has arrived and can be proven!
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 October 2013 10:55