To The Daily Sun,
Here are the reasons why I am running to be a selectman for the Town of Meredith.
1. I have no future interest in advancing in politics.
2. I want to eliminate the outside interests coming into our town with agendas affecting our town and voted on by some of the smallest vote count by the people who support that agenda.
3. I want to be available to listen to anyone who wants to talk about what their concerns are.
4. I want only positive, affordable growth for all the people going forward in time.
5. I dislike educated narrow-minded people who think their ideas are the only ones that will work for me and are reluctant to listen to other ideas.
6. It's my time in life to try to give tack to the community offering local life experiences and protest what we have now and in the future. I am worried by the growing lower moral values, and crime, etc., coming further north every year.
7. I am not a card-carrying Tea Party member. I believe in the U.S. Constitution as it was written and legally amended. I have conservative values, yet am very open-minded to positive ideas. I have voted int he past for the candidate I felt would do what was best for me and the community regardless of their political party.
8. The time has come that the wants, views, and needs of the locals whose families have been here for years, who were born here, have built their families here and will die here and will carry the largest amount for the cost going into the future be heard and represented for the people, by the people of Meredith.
I have a couple of sayings I would like to pass on to you.
1. Don't ask the question if you are not ready to hear the answer; you might not like it.
2. Keep your moth shut. Make thieves of your eyes and ears to what is going on around you it will surprise you.
3. K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple stupid.
David Lund Bennett Sr.
- Category: Letters
- Hits: 194