To The Daily Sun,
I want to share my healthcare.gov experience with those who haven't achieved their goals with this — yet.
On October 5, I was finally able to get the application started. This event took approximately two hours and it was a lovely day outside. My husband managed to get the entire backyard raked in the amount of time it took me to "complete" the application.
I finally got to the end of the application (still not knowing if we qualified for the subsidies or if there were insurance plans we could afford) and my husband's ID needed to be verified.
So I did the steps required (scanned his N.H. driver's license and attached it) and then waited... and waited.
I called once a week wondering why his ID wasn't being verified and the call center would tell me to call the ID verifying company (Experian Verification Services). I would call them and be told I had to call the call center again. So I would. Then round and round we go.
Last week (October 10) I was told this was a glitch and I should wait another week.
I called October 19 and the call center, yet again, told me to call Experian. I did and they told me to call the call center. I did.
But on the bright side I now get a new message when I try to upload my husband's ID. Now I get a message telling me the file is too large and must be smaller than 10 MB. It is — much smaller. Still won't accept it.
I will give this one more attempt... one more and I'm done.
I REFUSE to submit his ID via the mail. They can't tell me how long that would take and I have no idea where it's going.
I still don't know what plans we have available to us, I still don't know if we qualify for any subsidies, and we aren't any further now than we were on October 5.
Albert Einstein's definition of insanity "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Pretty much covers this.
Last Updated on Monday, 21 October 2013 09:47
To The Daily Sun,
Some recent letter writers make general and stereotyped statements condemning those who need assistance from the government. There are some who will take advantage of any program, or food pantries, or welfare. This should not taint our view of those in need, right? The examples we hear from people with narrowed minds try to make us believe that only the ones who have made it are entitled to what they earn (and to all of it).
If you did not know my mom, would you condemn her because she was on Medicaid, received food stamps and collected Social Security in order to live her life? Would you be one of those condemning her because she was divorced and worked for peanuts at menial jobs, thus having to 'take advantage' of the programs the government offers for those in need so they can at least live day to day? Blanket and unfounded statements such as "a lot of people feel this way" are much too simplistic, erroneous and misguided.
If you widen your scope of the U.S. and the world at large you might understand those who walk among us who have less and maybe, just maybe not be so quick to be judge and jury. You might see them as real people trying to make it and not as statistics and stereotypes. Most of them are people who are working hard and trying to do right. Open up your heart and mind: it's not good to close either one.
Please understand that I support what President Obama is trying to do for you, me and the rest of the country regardless of the color of our skin, our level of education, or how we choose to live our lives. He, and most people in this country, show compassion for those who have less than the very wealthy of this nation. Lest we forget, the one percent of the uber wealthy want to keep all that they have without caring about or feeling any brotherly concern or responsibility for others who are less fortunate than them. I cannot live by this mindset, ever! Neither can this country. We became a strong nation because we worked together and cared for each other. We helped each other and in the process forged a vibrant and compassionate society. We are each stronger when all of us are; we are all in this together.
Last Updated on Monday, 21 October 2013 09:41
To The Daily Sun,
I would like to thank the person/persons responsible for turning in my purse (with "everything" still in it) that they found on Sheridan Street to the Laconia Police Department on Sunday. An "overwhelming heartfelt" thank you to you! It is refreshing to know that there are still honest and caring people out there.
Last Updated on Monday, 21 October 2013 09:36
To The Daily Sun,
Regulators in New Hampshire, Washington and Pennsylvania are taking actions against companies that are building health care websites. Regulators have warned these companies that the websites could confuse people trying to get on the states health care exchanges.
However, most people should not be confused as these websites probably work. You definitely know when you are on the healthcare.gov website, it does not work. Here is my story:
— After 12 tries, completed the applications.
— Was unsuccessful 32 times that I tried to purchase insurance.
— Called 'Help Line', they told me to keep trying to buy insurance on Healthcare.gov.
— Kept trying to buy insurance on Healthcare.gov, but finally gave up.
— Called Anthem (carrier for NH), got an agent who advised me to keep trying to buy insurance on Healthcare.gov. However, she gave me a direct phone number to call in two weeks and I could signup with Anthem.
Senators Ayotte, Shaheen, and Reps Shea-Porter and Kuster are getting a 72-75 percent subsidy for Obamacare. Why is it good enough for us but not for Congress and its staff? FYI, Kuster, Ayotte and Shaheen are rich (by President Obama's definition).
In November 2014, we need to vote out of office, Senator Shaheen, and Reps Shea-Porter and Kuster. When Congress passes a law, it should apply to all of the people of the United States including Congress and its staff.
Last Updated on Friday, 18 October 2013 09:51
To The Daily Sun,
Let's be honest. We all know Obamacare is a disaster of biblical proportions, from its BRIBED origins to today's colossal, sign up, computer catastrophe. Countless people have already wasted millions of hours in utter frustration watching dead, Obamacare computer screens. Americans are intelligent enough to recognize total failure when they see it. Bernadette Loesch, Kate Miller and James Veverka can dress the "Obama care pig " in a mini skirt, high heels, hoop ear rings and smear it with lipstick from snout to curly tail but the the ugly oinker will still remain. I called out local DEMOCRAT politician Kate Miller for her INCOMPLETE remarks regarding Obamacare. SHE AGREES ! She has yet to defend herself. Her unwillingness to debate OBAMACARE signals just how bad the legislation is and how SPINELESS Democrats are to defend what they jack hammered up your backside.
1. Maybe Kate can explain how ROBBING 500 billion dollars from Medicare (another DONKEY program BANKRUPTING America in the TRILLIONS ) to fund Obamacare helps improve the availability and quality of medical care for those age 65 or older who consume most of the health care in America. How does paying doctors hundreds of billions LESS for treating those on MEDICARE help the elderly. How does putting 30 million freebies in line (likely paying the doctor more ) before those on Medicare in a profession already short capacity help the old? Obama SLASHED Medicare QUALITY to pay for OBAMACARE. It is no wonder those on MEDICARE vote REPUBLICAN overwhelmingly and surely will in the 2014 election.
2. It is not just the elderly "thrown under the bus" by Obamacare. The young of this country (age 25 to 40 ) will be economically eviscerated to the bone. Obama decided THE YOUNG would pay for the "SICK" that have been excluded under preexisting conditions. The TYPICAL WEALTH of the "sick" person getting their health care paid will often be 10 TIMES the wealth of the person paying their bills. Don't always assume "sick and "poor" are synonymous. They aren't. The young are STAGGERING under record levels of college debt while Obamacare forces them to pay the health care costs of millionaires. What ever premiums the "sick" pay will be MINISCULE to their actual costs of care.
3. The number of DOCTORS willing to see Medicare and Medicaid patients is SHRINKING rapidly. Doctors simply can not afford to have 50 percent or more of their patients cost more than GOVERNMENT PAYS them and reimbursement rates plummet under Obamacare. Tell us all Kate how that helps the ELDERLY?
4. Obamacare creates more then TWENTY NEW TAXES on companies and individuals while America suffers the LOWEST percentage of the population working in 30 years under. Higher taxation KILLS JOB CREATION and sends record numbers to WELFARE HANDOUTS. There is no mystery why WELFARE and POVERTY are at records under OBAMA and Kate Miller.
5. Who thinks a new, HIGH tax on EVERY medical device maker costing BILLIONS improves the likelihood of new discoveries? These companies have all stated higher taxes will SLOW new medical DISCOVERY and SLOW employment in the one part of the economy with any life in it. That means we all live with MORE PAIN, LONGER! Thanks Kate!
6. Three presidents representing the largest unions in America wrote letters to Obama last month all screaming that Obama care's 30 hour work mandate was killing the 40-hour full-time work week unions had worked the last 100 years to accomplish. UNIONS demand Obama care be changed in so may ways it would render it meaningless. Why Bernadette?
7. If Obamacare is so GREAT, why the hell is just about anyone important in Washington D.C. INCLUDING the programs NAME SAKE exempted from it. WHY Kate?
8. Eighty percent of Americans are going to WAKE UP soon to discover they have been completely "HAD" by Democrats, the same way a sheep is by a wolf. Health care is only going to cost LESS to a very narrow segment of America. The other 80 percent will pay more than ever, for LESS THAN EVER. The largest burden of increased Obamacare cost will fall to the MIDDLE CLASS and the young. The wealth inequality of America so often politicized by Democrats will as usual only be worsened by Obamacare. I take all bets to the contrary in any amount. Open your wallet Kate, money talks and B.S. walks. You do a lot walking.
9. People will soon discover if they want anything that is even remotely "AFFORDABLE" under Obamacare they risk monstrous deductibles as high as $12,000 per year. They are going to find their doctor may not be in the program they want. They will find the hospital they want may not be in the program either. People are going to say "I HAVE BEEN DUPED ". Obamacare for the most part is the same, limited access, HMO plan I had 10 years ago, except it offers even less and I am paying five times more for it. We turned health care upside down because it was expensive. Now it is going to be even MORE expensive to the vast majority of Americans and they will get even less for it. The poor will become poorer as they do after every DONKEY IDEA. Nothing costs Americas MIDDLE CLASS MORE than when Democrats offer stuff for FREE to BUY ELECTIONS. You have been HAD again by the donkey my friends.
Last Updated on Friday, 18 October 2013 09:48