In response to L. J. Sidens remarks in The Daily Sun, dated Wednesday, May 15:
I respond to you as kindly as I know how. I kept thinking as I read your comments that the thoughts you have about Fox News, conservatives ET. Al. is the same thoughts I have about the main stream media, such as MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, etc. You say Fox News, Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes are not fair and balanced. You say, "They are quick to break any rumor, opinion, half-truth, distortion or lie as hard news." How about the media, hoping and intimating that the Boston bombing was done by a white supremacist or was a right wing person. How about the media trying to accuse conservative talk shows for the Gaby Gifford shooting and the Sandy Hook horror even before the facts were in. Please sir, would you please give me an example of this distortion of truth on the part of Fox News. It is one thing to make an accusation it is another to give proof of this criticism.
Proof of MSNBC's, etc. bias is that they did not cover Dr. Gosnel's abortion clinic trial and murder to which he received a lifetime prison sentence. I have heard Chris Matthews accuse conservatives' citizens as bigots, biased homophobes and racists; especially if we don't agree with Obama, and they accuse us only because we have conservative beliefs. That is so not true. We are NOT racist; we wholeheartedly disagree with President Obama's socialist form of government and his drastically changing our American way of life away from our Founding Fathers' and the Constitution. True many programs are in need of changing and revamping but not the socialist/communist way.
Chris Matthews constantly sings the praises of Barack Obama. You say of Fox "it's a megaphone for right wing propaganda". NO, it is the only news media allowing the conservative point of view. The liberal view is spread in all the other many channels. They get their talking points from the N.Y. Times. Fox does not spiel out propaganda. It is TRUTH. If they broadcast untruths about what is going on please, sir, tell me what it is. They do give the conservative point of view admittedly, but they give the opposite point of view as well. As I said they have Bob Beckel, Allan Coombs, Juan Williams, and others. When they have a Republican Senator to give their point of view or advocate a bill in question they also have a Democrat politician giving his or her opposition. That is fair and balanced. Please tell me the conservatives, I mean smart savvy Republicans rebutting the Democrat's point of view on MSNBC, ET. AL. Please the next time you make accusations of Fox News and its leadership gives examples.
I am so sorry that you are of the opinion that we use scare tactics by bringing God into the dynamics of news of what is happening today. God is so loving, kind and as I said patient. You apparently have not read the Old Testament where God's judgment is constantly mentioned by the disobedience of His people and their turning away from His commandments and precepts.
Of course you are going to call me a Bible thumper and yes I am. I am proud of it. I do believe that the Bible is God's Word and it is His instruction to us. Read it sir; it is very instructional and the way to follow. And yes, read the New Testament giving us the way of redemption for the human race through the sacrificial Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. If I am narrow, so be it. Here are the words of Jesus "I am the way the truth and the life. No man comes unto the Father but by me". King Jesus said that. If it is too narrow for you, take it up with Him.
God has been so patient with his creation. For years and years, He has put up with disobedience and a turning away from His commandments and His way. Read "Mere Christianity". The author C.S. Lewis was an atheist and he was so much so he said he was going to prove the Bible false. He proceeded to study it in a scholarly fashion. After which, he became an ardent Christian and one of the strongest proponents of Christianity today. "Mere Christianity", "Screwtape letters", "Joy" and his other books are truly classics.
You say the conservatives rely on scare tactics. Sir, I will tell you what scary is. I will tell you scare tactics by the left.
1. What is scarier than murdering innocent babies and leaving them to die on a table or flushing them down the toilet or drowning them in toxic liquid? That is darn right cruel and horrendous and more than scary. What kind of person is it who could do or allow such a thing and then use real baby's feet as a relic for his desk.
2. What is so very scary is targeting applicants to the IRS who are conservatives and a government denying them or making them wait an abnormal amount of time to become tax exempt because of their beliefs and asking inappropriate, and an inordinate amount of questions in order to become tax exempt. That is not a mistake that is tyranny.
3. What is scarier than the director of this Tax Exempt Department at the IRS, Sarah Ingram becoming the director of Obamacare. She will be in charge of our medical needs and procedures. Can we trust her to give conservatives or the elderly good medical care when needed? I don't think so and proof is the unscrupulous targeting of Tea Party folks and Christian organizations for non-tax exempt status. More tyranny. Obamacare MUST be repealed.
4. What is dreadfully scary is a government who won't give American citizens cover or protection when they are under attack in other lands as in the Benghazi murders because they didn't want America to think that terrorism is alive and still viable and who wanted to win an election. That sir is scary. Obama's election superseded any concern for the lives of these dedicated servants to America.
5. What is also scary is a political party that voted to take God out of their platform, I think three times.
So what are you saying? That government should reign supreme in the lives of people over and against our Creator who loves us so much He sent His son to die for us so we can have eternal life. Not only eternal life, but guidance in this world we live in. I choose The GOD of the Bible and His Salvation in a nano minute. That is not scary sir, that is the safest and the most common sense way for a person and or a country to live by. God bless the USA.