Starting out in a new year, you take time to reflect ... so let's take a look at some of the positive advantages we have living in the great state of New Hampshire.
• New Hampshire has been ranked as the #1 state in the country with "The best quality of life" by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
• New Hampshire was named the "most livable state in the nation" for the eighth straight year according to Morgan Quitno Corp., of Kansas.
• New Hampshire was picked the #1 State for Retirement in the country according to MoneyRates.com.
• New Hampshire had the lowest crime rate in the country according to FBI statistics.
• New Hampshire had the lowest poverty rate in the country, which reflects the highest standard of living in the USA.
• New Hampshire was rated the best place in the nation to raise children in the country by the National Kids Count Survey.
• New Hampshire was recognized as "The Best Place to Live" by the Washington Post- based on nine criteria.
• New Hampshire was rated a 9.2 out of 10 by the OECD as the "Nation's safest state."
• As of November 2015, New Hampshire had the fourth-lowest unemployment rate in the country at 3.2 percent according to NSCL.
• New Hampshire has the sixth-highest median household income and per capita income in the USA.
• Highest ranking in the country for child and family well-being by The Annie E. Casey Foundation.
• New Hampshire has the highest ranking in the country for senior-health related quality of life.
• New Hampshire has the lowest teenage birthrate and lowest infant mortality rate in the country.
• Lake Winnipesaukee was rated the #1 Retirement Place in the country under the category "Leisure Living for Recreational and Cultural Opportunities," rated by MacMillian Travel- 5th Edition of Retirement Rated Places.
• New Hampshire has the seventh-lowest tax burden in the U.S., according to Forbes.com.
• New Hampshire is ranked #3 in the USA for the healthy housing market, according to LendingTree.com.
• New Hampshire is ranked #3 in the country for "healthy living."
• New Hampshire is ranked the #1 for accessibility of services with 70 percent of households reporting they have access to broadband.
• Students in New Hampshire has consistently placed among the top in the country in high SAT scores.
• New Hampshire is the second mos-forested state in the country, with 87 percen of the land covered by forests.
• New Hampshire ranks second in the country overall in the ability of its residences to achieve financial security, according to a Washington-based think-tank.
• New Hampshire was rated the "Second Best State for Insurance Rates" in the country.
• New Hampshire was ranked top in New England as "Best States for Business" by Forbes Magazine.
• New Hampshire was ranked 10th in the USA for "Pro-Business climate" by Business Facilities Magazine, the highest in New England.
• New Hampshire's voter turnout was sixth highest in the USA.
• We have the third-largest citizen legislative body in the world.
New Hampshire's accolades run far and wide! All of us living in this wonderful state should be very proud of its accomplishments and rankings.
Wishing you a healthy and prosperous new year!
Please feel free to visit www.rocherealty.com to learn more about the Lakes Region and its real estate market. Frank Roche is president of Roche Realty Group in Meredith & Laconia, and can be reached at 279-7046.
- Category: Columns
- Hits: 1267