CONCORD — A Merrimack County grand jury returned 76 felony indictments and 19 misdemeanor charges against 45 defendants when it met on Dec. 14.
Only charges involving Lakes Region area residents or alleging crimes occurring in The Laconia Daily Sun's readership area are reported. An indictment is not a finding of guilt but rather an indication that an independent jury has voted, after hearing from police, that sufficient evidence exists to warrant a Superior Court trial.
• William Moores, 44, 119 Elkins St.t, Apt. B, Franklin, was indicted for burglarizing a home on Fourth Range Road, Pembroke, on Oct. 1.
• Ryan Thurston, 55 Highview Circle, Gilford, was indicted for possessing methamphetamine in Loudon on Sept. 9.
• Robert Blake, 42, 70 Main St., Ashland, was indicted for possession of methamphetamine in Henniker on July 2.
• James Bryson, 57, 29 Winter St., Laconia, was indicted on three counts of selling cocaine to an under-cover police officer in Franklin on April 4, 2013; April 18, 2013; and March 28, 2013, after previously being convicted of felony drug possession in Belknap County Superior Court in August 2005.
• Thomas Chambers, 28, 276 Province Road, Belmont, was indicted for possessing methamphetamine and the controlled drug buprenorphine in Concord on Aug. 1, after previously having been convicted of a drug crime in Belknap County Superior Court in November 2015.
• Jeffery Connor, 50, 679 Province Road, Gilmanton, was indicted for the sale of less than one gram of what he represented to be heroin on Feb. 23 in Concord. Connor was also indicted for sale of fentanyl on the same date.
• Paul Costella, 43, 318 Cross Mill Road, Northfield, was indicted on two counts of possessing methamphetamine, some wrapped in a $20 bill in his wallet and more in a plastic bag, in Franklin and Boscawen on Sept. 22. He was also indicted on three counts of being a felon in possession of a dangerous weapon, a 12-inch fixed blade knife, with a 7-inch blade and two sets of metallic knuckles.
• Fred Cross III, 46, 605 Central St., Franklin, was indicted for possessing fentanyl in Northfield on June 6. He was also indicted on two counts of receiving stolen property, copper wire, belonging to South Railroad Company, and a sickle rake and lanterns, after previously being convicted of burglary and theft by unauthorized taking.
• Tony Freeman, 29, of Plymouth, who is now being held in the Merrimack County jail in Boscawen, was charged with misdemeanor drug possession for driving a vehicle on Village Street in Concord, while he had the drug in his possession or in any part of the vehicle on Sept. 27. The grand jury also returned misdemeanor charges of possession of fentanyl, driving after suspension or revocation and disobeying a police officer. Freeman was additionally indicted on charges of possession of both fentanyl and methamphetamine.
• Trevor Hoyt, 21, 115 Bean Hill Road, Northfield, was indicted for reckless conduct for driving at a high rate of speed on Concord Road, Northfield, on Aug. 31, and crossing into the opposite lane of travel at an oncoming vehicle, causing the other motorist to swerve to avoid a collision. He was also charged with misdemeanor driving after suspension.
- Category: Local News
- Hits: 916