LACONIA — A home was damaged but no one was hurt when the heat from a wood stove set the wall on fire Monday.
Firefighters from Laconia, Gilford and Belmont were sent to 32 Appleton St. in the Lakeport section of Laconia at 4:08 p.m. The occupant reported smoke coming from the wall around her wood stove, and there was fire in the exterior wall area of the wood stove, according to a press released from Laconia Fire Chief Kenneth Erickson. Flames were spreading upwards to the the second floor and attic.
Crews got the fire under control in about 20 minutes. The occupant stayed with relatives for the night. Damage is estimated at $30,000, according to Erickson.
– Ginger Kozlowski
Firefighters had to open the wall at this home on 32 Appleton St., Laconia, to extinguish flames that started by the home's wood stove. (Courtesy Laconia Fire Department)
- Category: Local News
- Hits: 1697