LACONIA — The New Hampshire Ball Bearing plant on Lexington Drive was evacuated around 10:30 p.m. on Monday when fire broke out in the duct work above a heat treating machine on the shop floor.
Deputy Fire Chief Kirk Beattie said that the fire appeared to have started from combustible material in the duct or from a malfunction of the machine and was quickly extinguished — with damage confined to adjacent electrical wiring and the duct work. There were no injuries and operations were only briefly interrupted.
Beattie said that firefighters were at the scene for about an hour-and-a-half.
- Category: Local News
- Hits: 362