FRANKLIN — A duplex home was damaged enough by fire on Thursday afternoon to be declared uninhabitable until repairs are completed.
Fire Department Captain Steve Fecteau said a fire started in a pile of debris located between houses at 66 and 68 Bow Street and spread to the home identified by the former number. The fire burned through the electrical service to the house and the wire came down, electrifying a metal fence and complicating the fire-fighting effort.
It took firefighters approximately 35 minutes to get the fire under control, from the time the alarm was sounded. The house at 69 Bow Street suffered minor charring. There were injuries at either location.
Tilton-Northfield and Belmont Fire Departments responded to the scene as part of Mutual Aid.
- Category: Local News
- Hits: 194