Heroin overdoes victim found lying on floor of convenience store bathroom

LACONIA — An unnamed man was found laying in the bathroom of the Court Street Cumberland Farms Store yesterday at 3:30 p.m. suffering from what police think was a heroin overdose.

Police said that they found a spoon and a needle next to him but it appears he had injected all that he had.

Responding firefighters said they administered NARCAN to him and transported him to the hospital.

This most recent overdose highlights the dangers of a steady supply of cheap heroin in the Lakes Region and how it is taxing the resources of the community, including those of the police, the fire departments and Lakes Region General Hospital.

Two days ago, emergency responders from the Belmont Fire Department were able to save the life of a man who had overdosed on Brown Road. The man was taken to LRGH by ambulance but left on his own.

Patrick Stitt was charged by police with possession of heroin after they found him walking down Route 107. He appeared in the 4th Circuit Court, Laconia Division yesterday and was ordered held on $2,000 cash only bail.