A+ A A-

Smell from 'smart' board sends BES teacher to hospital

BELMONT — A fourth grade classroom at Belmont Elementary School was temporarily evacuated yesterday afternoon after a smell from a new "smart" board projector bulb caused some concern for the teacher.

Superintendent Maria Dreyer said that the bulbs were from a new supply and the teacher, who said the smell made her light-headed, evacuated the class room as a precaution.

Fire Chief Dave Parenti said often times a brand new light bulb will emit a strange odor the first time it heats up to the proper temperature and the teacher didn't recognize the smell.

He said she was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital as a precaution and the five students were temporarily relocated to a different space.

Dreyer said Principal Emily Spear was contacting the parents of the affected students to tell them what had happened.

 
The Laconia Daily Sun - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy
Powered by BENN a division of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Login or Register

LOG IN