20-year-old with long rap sheet said trapped in act of burglary

LACONIA — A city man who had already served a year in prison for a series of burglaries in the summer of 2010 was ordered held on $10,000 cash bail for allegedly breaking into a north end home Sunday night and stealing two handguns.
Police affidavits filed in 4th Circuit Court, Laconia Division in support of his arrest said Aaron Marchione, 20, of 53 Parsonage Drive was in the Windemere Heights subdivision home of the victims when they returned just before 7 p.m.
Marchione is said to have fled from the home through the front door, but not before breaking a bathroom window in his first attempt to get out of the house.
The victims told police that the person later identified as Marchione had stolen a Beretta semi-automatic 9 mm handgun and Browning Buck Mark .22 semi-automatic handgun. Both were stored in a black Winchester steel box that was also reported missing.
Police said Marchione, who was a suspect in other recent burglaries in the north end, said they went to his home and spoke with Marchione. One officer discovered a pair of sneakers in the kitchen that had similar foot patterns to those found at the Windemere Heights home.
A State Police K-9 also tracked Marchione from the victims house to nearby 53 Parsonage Drive and around the shed on the Marchione property.
Though police had already obtained a search warrant, Marchione's father gave them permission to search his home and property where they found some jewelry and a small box belonging to the victim.
Police also found blood droplets on the venetian blinds in the victim's bathroom as well as blood drop behind the Marchione's shed. The items found behind Marchione's shed were also "covered in blood" said police affidavits.
Police also found a cell phone outside the broken window that was identified by Marchione's father, who called it and the message that showed said "incoming call, Dad."
Marchoine agreed to go with police and be interviewed by detectives. Affidavits said he admitted to stealing jewelry from his family and selling it to pawn shops.
He also drew a map for his parole and probation officer that revealed where he had hidden the stolen firearms. Detectives recovered the stolen guns in the woods off Parade Road.
Marchione was charged with two counts of receiving stolen property and one count of burglary. Capt. Matt Canfield said additional charges are likely forthcoming.
Marchione, considered one of the better football players in the state when he was at Laconia High School, is no stranger to the Laconia Police.
In July of 2010, Marchoine was arrested by police after allegedly trying to break into Noi's Asian Market in Lakeport. He ran from the building but was tracked down by former canine officer Mike Finogle and his K-9 officer Jago hiding in a parked car.
In September of that year he was arrested and charged with one of several burglaries that had occurred over the course of the summer. That same month, Marchione was indicted by a Belknap County grand jury for five count of burglary and one count of receiving stolen property — all felonies.
On January 20, 2011, Marchione pleaded guilty and was sentenced by Judge Larry Smukler to serve 1 1/2 to four years in the N.H. State Prison. Six months of the minimum sentence was suspended and he was credited with 41 days served in the Belknap County Jail.
Marchione was released from jail on December 12, 2011. During the time he was incarcerated records indicate he tested positive for cocaine in March of 2011 and admitted his guilt on April 19. On April 27, he admitted possessing a television in his cell that was not his.
Assistant County Prosecutor Carley Ahern filed a motion to impose the entirety of his sentence but withdrew it in June of 2012.
In March of 2012 Marchione was charged with driving while intoxicated by Laconia Police. A clerk in the 4th Circuit Court, Laconia Division said he is scheduled for trial in January of 2013.
On July 19, 2012 his parole officer said he violated his parole by being arrested in Laconia for DWI on March 17, 2012, for being arrested on July 18, 2012 by the Meredith Police for receiving stolen property and for admitting on June 27, 2012 that he used marijuana and non-prescribed Percoset — an opiate.
He also admitted that he drank four beers at a barbecue on May 30, 2012.
Marchione pleaded guilty to the parole violations in September and Judge James Barry didn't return him to prison as long as the $5,000 posted by by his parents for his bail went toward restitution for the 2010 burglary victims.
His file contained an excerpt from the transcript that indicated his parents agreed to the restitution as they were the ones who posted bail.
A second parole violation was filed yesterday with the Belknap County Superior Court saying Marchione violated the terms of his parole by being arrested Sunday by Laconia Police for the most recent charges as well as admitting he used non-prescribed Percoset.
His parole officer also noted that he failed to complete a court ordered treatment program at the Phoenix House Substance Abuse Program.
Marchione was represented yesterday by the N.H. Public Defenders Office.