A+ A A-

Carbon monoxide detector does its job in Sanbornton home

SANBORNTON — Four of five residents of a home on Threshing Mill Road were taken by ambulance to Franklin Regional Hospital for evaluation after they were exposed to carbon monoxide.

Fire Chief Paul Dexter Jr. said the carbon monoxide alarms sounded in the home at 5:45 a.m. yesterday and all five residents were able to safely leave the home.

He said emergency responders detected positive readings throughout the home. The Franklin Fire Department assisted with transporting the patients.

Firefighters ventilated the home and shut down all of the appliances. A second metering of the home a few hours later detected no carbon monoxide.

Dexter said that carbon monoxide detectors should be installed in all homes and if they go off, people should always evacuate.

Dexter also recommends that as the heating season approaches, people should have their heating systems checked by appropriate and qualified service technicians.

Residents who have questions or concerns about their smoke or CO detectors should call the Sanbornton Fire Department at 286-4819.

 
The Laconia Daily Sun - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy
Powered by BENN a division of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Login or Register

LOG IN