A+ A A-

Meredith family displaced by fire

MEREDITH — A local couple, their three children and a house guest were displaced from their manufactured housing unit at 20 True Road, Lot 60 after a kitchen fire left the home dirty and damaged yesterday.

Fire Chief Ken Jones said that the fire was reported at 11:36 a.m., shortly after firefighters returned from an earlier call. "We were at the station and able to respond promptly," he said. Using extinguishers, firefighters quickly quelled the fire. All residents escaped unharmed.

Jones said that the fire started on the stove and, reaching combustible materials nearby, spreading to the extractor fan. Both the stove and fan, he said, were damaged beyond repair. However, he said that there was significant smoke damage throughout the home as well as residue from the chemical agent applied by the fire extinguishers. "The residence will be habitable once it is thoroughly cleaned," Jones said.

 
The Laconia Daily Sun - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy
Powered by BENN a division of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Login or Register

LOG IN