Franklin man arrested after Tilton police chase was accused of similar episode 2 week ago

TILTON — A Franklin man ran afoul of the police for a second time in two weeks Friday night when he allegedly failed to pull over for a police officer who tried to stop him after seeing him weaving in and out of traffic at the intersection of Route 140 and Laconia Road (Rte. 3).
Police said Keith McLeod, 32, of 173 West Bow St. was on a motorcycle and allegedly drove faster when he saw the police officer blue lights. He allegedly also drove for a time on the wrong side of the road.
At one point police said McLeod lost control of his motorcycle and crashed. Police said he got up and tried to run into the woods but was quickly apprehended. He was taken by ambulance to Concord Hospital for treatment.
Police said the expect he will be charged with a number of motor vehicle violations including disobeying an officer and reckless conduct.
On March 20 McLeod turned himself into New Hampton Police after allegedly fleeing from officers on March 14. In his attempt to flee, police say he played a game of "chicken" with a Bristol Police officer by driving straight at him in a 3/4-ton pickup. The officer moved to his right and avoided the crash.
Before the police pursuit, McLeod allegedly used his pickup to ram the back of his former girlfriend's car twice. She called police to tell them he was still chasing her.
After his encounter with Bristol and New Hampton Police, McLeod is said to have ditched his truck and was able to elude them by running into the woods.
Police ended the search when the K-9 tracked him to a road where they believe someone picked him up.
McLeod appeared in the 4th Circuit Court, Laconia Division and was ordered held on $8,000 cash bail. He was able to post bail and New Hampton Police Chief Doug Salmon said yesterday he may face breach of bail conditions for his outstanding charges as well as the new charges he faces in Tilton.
Tilton Police said their investigation into Friday's incident remains under investigation and they are trying to determine if alcohol was a factor in the motorcycle crash.