PLYMOUTH — Plymouth State University alumni rank in the top 15 percent in a recent national review of more than 1,200 institutions that was conducted by a national non-profit agency, Educate to Career (ETC). PSU alumni are better positioned to work in their chosen field and receive better-than-average salaries compared to graduates from competing institutions, according to ETC, which offers data-driven, outcome-focused tools that enable high school students and their parents to make informed, objective university and career planning decisions.
Dr. Jim Hundrieser, PSU's Vice President for Enrollment and Student Affairs, said the ranking illustrates Plymouth State's value to potential students.
"As an innovative residential campus, Plymouth State University is continuing to seek ways to engage students to ensure that they are career ready upon graduation," Hundrieser said.
"Employers who hire our alumni tell us PSU graduates are ready to work and make significant contributions within their fields, and the latest alumni survey tells us 99% of our recent graduates are either employed or enrolled in graduate school."
ETC uses various metrics to determine an institution's value in preparing graduates for the workforce, including:
· Percentage of graduates employed in occupations that utilize their field of study,
· Average salary earned by recent graduates, by school for each major category (adjusted for region, occupation and other variables),
· Percentage of persons employed within one year of graduation (weighted on an occupational trend basis),
· Major, weighted against national norms,
· Number of years to graduate, and
· Tuition- net cost.
The ETC College Rankings Index is comprised of four-year colleges and universities, with annual enrollments greater than 1,000 students. The Index analyzes data for over 1,200 colleges, representing 94% of all students enrolled in four-year institutions.