Last Updated on Thursday, 15 May 2014 08:51
BELMONT — "It Takes a Village: Risky Teen Behaviors" Workshop will be held Monday, May 19 at the Belmont High School Cafeteria from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
As part of the newly established "It Takes a Village" workshop series, parents are invited to the first workshop, which is offered by a partnership of the Belmont High School Guidance Department, Belmont Police Department, and Belmont High School PTO.
1. What are our kids thinking? - Presentation of the BHS Youth Risk Behavior Survey results by Jen Gagnon, Student Assistance Counselor
2. Knowledge is power! - Presentation by Partners in Prevention and The Phoenix House
3. Good kids making bad choices! - Belmont Police Department- discussion on risks and tips
4. Small roundtable discussions on parent topics of concern
5. Large panel discussion with our teen experts
6. Moving forward – building a strong parent community
Last Updated on Thursday, 15 May 2014 08:49
LACONIA — Laconia Youth Football and Cheer Association will be holding a dance to help keep registration free. The dance will be at the Elks Lodge for adults only on May 17 at 7 p.m.
Admission is $5 per person. There will be cash bar and a DJ.
Last Updated on Thursday, 15 May 2014 08:46
GILFORD — On Tuesday, May 20th at 6:30 pm, the Public Library will host a presentation on Life in Brazil with Nayanne Abrantes, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Nayanne is a native Brazilian, and is in the United States under the sponsorship of the Gilford Rotary Club. She is currently a student at Gilford High School. She will share what it is like to grow up in the largest country in South America, and some of her experiences living and traveling as a foreign student. Brazilian refreshments will be served. This program is free and open to the public. All interested in Brazil or South America or in study abroad experiences are encouraged to attend.
Last Updated on Thursday, 15 May 2014 08:44