MEREDITH — On Monday, March 3, Meredith Village Savings Bank (MVSB) will begin accepting full-color photography entries for its annual photo contest. The Bank is beginning the contest a little earlier than usual to allow for more opportunities to use and display the winning photos. Entries to the Calendar Contest will be considered for use in the Bank's 2015 community wall calendar, desk calendar and also on MVSB's holiday cards and note cards. Website Contest entries will be considered for use on the Bank's website www.mvsb.com and Facebook page www.facebook.com/meredithvillagesavingsbank.
The Bank encourages contest entries that demonstrate a strong focus on community events and people enjoying the variety of venues, attractions and local businesses the Lakes Region has to offer. Whether amateur or professional, all photographers are encouraged to submit their favorite photos.
Entries may be for either the Calendar Contest or Website Contest or both, but separate entry forms must be submitted for each contest. The required format for the Website Contest entries does differ from the Calendar Contest, so please review the detailed specifications listed. Official entry forms and contest rules are available at any MVSB location or online at www.mvsb.com/photocontest.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 11:04
BELMONT — A local Boy Scout will be operating a burger stand at a snowmobile trail on Feb. 27 to raise funds for his Eagle Scout project.
Cory Yelle, a member of Boy Scout Troop 65 in Belmont, will be selling burgers from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 27 on the Belmont Bogie Busters trail as it crosses Jamestown Road, near the road's intersection with Route 140. Yelle will use the proceeds to fund the construction of two foot bridges for walking trails in Belmont.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 December 1969 07:00
MEREDITH — AshleyLaura Productions will be presenting the Fourth Annual Lakes Region Dancing with the Stars on Saturday March 8 from 6-8 p.m. at the Inter-Lakes Community Auditorium. Doors will open for the event at 5:30 that evening.
Six local professionals will dance for charity in hopes of winning the grand prize. The winner will receive 50% of the shows donations for his/her favorite Lakes Region Charity. The remaining 5 professionals will split the remaining 50%.
This year's cast and charities include:
1. James Abreau Lakes Region Volunteer, with Erica Kloetz, owner of Stages Dance Academy of Laconia, dancing for the WLNH Children's Auction/Pub Mania Team.
2. Bryan Halperin, the Executive Director of the Winnipeasaukee Playhouse, with Trista Patten, dance teacher at Stages Dance Academy of Laconia ,dancing for the Winnipeasaukee Playhouse.
3. Krista Marrs , The editor of the Laconia Citizen, with Christy Dunn, owner of Broadway North in Belmont, dancing for the Santa Fund of the Lakes Region.
4. Kyril Mitchell of Bank of NH with Kelsey Piper, professional from the Plymouth State Dance Team, dancing for Hands Across the Table.
5. Meghan Noyes of Lakes Region Child Advocacy Center with Suzanna Derynioski, professional from the Plymouth State Dance Team, dancing for the Lakes Region Advocacy Center.
6. Kerri Parker, town clerk of Meredith, with Jessica White, professional dancer from Lakes Region Dance, dancing for The American Cancer Society.
Tickets can be bought online by doing the following:
1. Go to eventbrite.com
2. In the search bar type "Lakes Region Dancing with the Stars"
3. Buy ticket online
4. Print ticket stub and bring to the event
A handful of tickets will also be available at Lakes Region Dance in Moultonborough.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 10:43
ALTON —20-year-old Alton resident Andrew Long will presents The Long Comedy Show at the Gilman Library Meeting Room, from 3-4 p.m. on Sunday, March 2.
The show is free of charge for all ages. Donations are gratefully accepted to benefit Eater Seals. Long, a student at Prospect Mountain High School, is seeking to establish himself as an "up-and-coming comedian" and an aspiring actor. He has been active with school plays and when not in school, is employed with Hannaford's Supermarket in Alton.
Refreshments are provided. Enter from the lower level rear-parking lot.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 10:38
- 21st Annual Francoeur/Babcock Memorial Basketball Tournament
- Jonathan Lorentz Quartet brings jazz to next Taylor Community concert
- Boy Scout Troop's Spaghetti Supper Raises funds for Alaska trip
- Belknap County Conservation District tree, shrub and more fundraiser is on
- St. Francis Rehab and Nursing Center is recognized for Quality
- Several Affordable Care Act enrollment fairs planned