MEREDITH — The Inter-Lakes High School math team placed first for small schools in the fourth meet of the season. Inter-Lakes finished with a total of 135 points. Belmont came in second place with 119 points and Moultonborough was third with 84 points.
Coaches for the Inter-Lakes team include Diane Mega and Bob Marcoux. The White team, with 18 out of 18 points, was led by Sarah Sundius. Sarah made perfect scores in Geometry, Algebra II and Advanced. Hayley Roth was second with 16 points and a perfect in Geometry and Advanced. Ariana Lopez scored 14 points with a perfect in Algebra I. Liam Donohue made 12 points. Finnian O’Connell and Johnny Cox each scored 10 points. Isabel Cunningham and Matt Schneberger each scored 8 points with Isabel getting a perfect in Algebra I. Danial Thomas and Cameron Daly rounded out the results with 6 points apiece.
The Inter-Lakes Blue team placed 5th overall. The team was led by Ben Jaques with 12 out of 18 points. Ben got a perfect in Geometry. Dorothy Crowell and Josh Simpson each made 6 points. Trevor Colby made 4 points, while Natalie Johnson, Allie Dennis, and Angelo Burgess finished up the team scores by making 2 points apiece.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 11:08
MOULTONBOROUGH — Today's meeting of the Country Village Quilt Guild has been canceled due to impending weather. The meeting, which will include a celebration of the guild's 13th birthday, has been rescheduled to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, at the Moultonborough Life Safety Building.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 11:03
BELMONT — MetroCast, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal's coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, to commence on Thursday, February 6, and run through Sunday, February 23.
MetroCast's video subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal's unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand and across multiple platforms.
In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal (including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network), for the first time ever, live streaming coverage of all Winter Game events will be available to MetroCast customers via televisions, PCs, and mobile and tablet apps:
• NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content, is available now at no additional charge to verified customers who log in at http://stream.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/ and subscribe to a package that includes any of the following networks: CNBC, MSNBC, USA or NBC Sports. Upon verification of the customers' subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, they will be signed in throughout the Games on that device.
• Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified MetroCast customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
• On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via MetroCast's On-Demand service.
For more information, see MetroCast.net or NBCOlympics.com.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 11:00
PLYMOUTH — Plymouth State University is hosting the 2014 Fiends of the Arts Juried High School Art Exhibit through February 21 at the Silver Center for the Arts.
An awards reception will be held from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 16 at the Silver Center with keynote speaker Tom Driscoll, PSU professor of art and coordinator of the Department of Art painting program.
This year's reception will include a visit to the Karl Drerup Art Gallery in the Draper and Maynard Building on North Main Street in Plymouth for the award presentation, a tour of Driscoll's exhibition of recent works and an opportunity to meet with the artist. Following the reception, students will be invited to tour the Department of Art studios.
For more information, contact the Karl Drerup Art Gallery at Plymouth.edu/gallery.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 10:49
- Hawk Squadron Civil Air Patrol Open House Thursday
- GMP To Celebrate 10th Anniversary at Annual Meeting
- Thrift Shop Holding Valentine's Day Sale
- Now is the Time: MLK Jr's Letter from Birmingham Jail at New Hampton School
- Geneology Archiving Workshop at Wolfeboro Library
- New Program Patriot Resilient Leader forming to Support Veterans