BELMONT — A local Boy Scout will be operating a burger stand at a snowmobile trail on Feb. 27 to raise funds for his Eagle Scout project.
Cory Yelle, a member of Boy Scout Troop 65 in Belmont, will be selling burgers from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 27 on the Belmont Bogie Busters trail as it crosses Jamestown Road, near the road's intersection with Route 140. Yelle will use the proceeds to fund the construction of two foot bridges for walking trails in Belmont.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 December 1969 07:00
MEREDITH — AshleyLaura Productions will be presenting the Fourth Annual Lakes Region Dancing with the Stars on Saturday March 8 from 6-8 p.m. at the Inter-Lakes Community Auditorium. Doors will open for the event at 5:30 that evening.
Six local professionals will dance for charity in hopes of winning the grand prize. The winner will receive 50% of the shows donations for his/her favorite Lakes Region Charity. The remaining 5 professionals will split the remaining 50%.
This year's cast and charities include:
1. James Abreau Lakes Region Volunteer, with Erica Kloetz, owner of Stages Dance Academy of Laconia, dancing for the WLNH Children's Auction/Pub Mania Team.
2. Bryan Halperin, the Executive Director of the Winnipeasaukee Playhouse, with Trista Patten, dance teacher at Stages Dance Academy of Laconia ,dancing for the Winnipeasaukee Playhouse.
3. Krista Marrs , The editor of the Laconia Citizen, with Christy Dunn, owner of Broadway North in Belmont, dancing for the Santa Fund of the Lakes Region.
4. Kyril Mitchell of Bank of NH with Kelsey Piper, professional from the Plymouth State Dance Team, dancing for Hands Across the Table.
5. Meghan Noyes of Lakes Region Child Advocacy Center with Suzanna Derynioski, professional from the Plymouth State Dance Team, dancing for the Lakes Region Advocacy Center.
6. Kerri Parker, town clerk of Meredith, with Jessica White, professional dancer from Lakes Region Dance, dancing for The American Cancer Society.
Tickets can be bought online by doing the following:
1. Go to eventbrite.com
2. In the search bar type "Lakes Region Dancing with the Stars"
3. Buy ticket online
4. Print ticket stub and bring to the event
A handful of tickets will also be available at Lakes Region Dance in Moultonborough.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 10:43
ALTON —20-year-old Alton resident Andrew Long will presents The Long Comedy Show at the Gilman Library Meeting Room, from 3-4 p.m. on Sunday, March 2.
The show is free of charge for all ages. Donations are gratefully accepted to benefit Eater Seals. Long, a student at Prospect Mountain High School, is seeking to establish himself as an "up-and-coming comedian" and an aspiring actor. He has been active with school plays and when not in school, is employed with Hannaford's Supermarket in Alton.
Refreshments are provided. Enter from the lower level rear-parking lot.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 10:38
GILFORD — The 21st Annual Francoeur/Babcock Memorial Basketball Tournament will take place at the Gilford Middle School from Wednesday, March 5 to Sunday, March 9.
Sponsored by the Gilford Parks and Recreation Department, the tournament will host 12 area teams consisting of boys and girls in grades 3 – 6 from Belmont, Franklin, Gilford, Gilmanton, Laconia and Sanbornton. This invitational tournament is held in memory of Aaron T. Francoeur who was a thirteen year old Gilford Middle/High School student when he succumbed to cancer in the summer of 1993.
Nathan Babcock's name was added in 2006 after he lost his battle with cancer in the fall of 2005. Since Aaron's death, the Aaron T. Francoeur Memorial Scholarship Fund, in conjunction with the Lakes Region Scholarship Foundation, was established to give financial aid to deserving Gilford High School graduates who are furthering their post high school education. Many former players and scholarship recipients return each year to help at the tournament, be it officiating, scoring, timing, selling tickets and t-shirts, or working at the concession stand.
The tournament this year will consist of the following divisions and teams:
Junior (Coed) Division (Grades 3 and 4) - Gilford, Gilmanton, Lou Athanas and Sanbornton
Senior Girls Division (Grades 5 and 6) - Gilford, Belmont, Franklin and Lou Athanas
Senior Boys Division (Grades 5 and 6) - Gilford, Belmont, Lou Athanas and Sanbornton
The schedule for the opening rounds of play will be:
Wednesday, March 5 Junior Division (Coed)
Gilford vs. Lou Athanas at 5:30 p.m. and Gilmanton vs. Sanbornton at 6:45 p.m.
Thursday, March 6 Senior Girls Division
Gilford vs. Franklin at 5:30 p.m. and Lou Athanas vs. Belmont at 6:45 p.m.
Friday, March 7 Senior Boys Division
Gilford vs. Sanbornton at 5:30 p.m. and Lou Athanas vs. Belmont at 6:45 p.m.
On Saturday, March 8, games will begin at 8 a.m. and the last game of the day will be played at 6 p.m. On Sunday, March 9, the Championship round games are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m.
The tournament is open to the public, and everyone, young and old alike, is invited to attend. The admission fee is $2 for adults and $ 1 for children. A Tournament Family Pass (all games) is also available for $10. Children not of school age, coaches and players are free.
For more information, call Parks and Recreation Director Herb Greene at 527-4722.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 February 2014 10:33
- Jonathan Lorentz Quartet brings jazz to next Taylor Community concert
- Boy Scout Troop's Spaghetti Supper Raises funds for Alaska trip
- Belknap County Conservation District tree, shrub and more fundraiser is on
- St. Francis Rehab and Nursing Center is recognized for Quality
- Several Affordable Care Act enrollment fairs planned
- Leadership Academy – February's Human Services and Non-Profits Day