BELMONT — MetroCast, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal's coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, to commence on Thursday, February 6, and run through Sunday, February 23.
MetroCast's video subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal's unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand and across multiple platforms.
In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal (including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network), for the first time ever, live streaming coverage of all Winter Game events will be available to MetroCast customers via televisions, PCs, and mobile and tablet apps:
• NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content, is available now at no additional charge to verified customers who log in at http://stream.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/ and subscribe to a package that includes any of the following networks: CNBC, MSNBC, USA or NBC Sports. Upon verification of the customers' subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, they will be signed in throughout the Games on that device.
• Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified MetroCast customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
• On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via MetroCast's On-Demand service.
For more information, see MetroCast.net or NBCOlympics.com.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 11:00
PLYMOUTH — Plymouth State University is hosting the 2014 Fiends of the Arts Juried High School Art Exhibit through February 21 at the Silver Center for the Arts.
An awards reception will be held from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 16 at the Silver Center with keynote speaker Tom Driscoll, PSU professor of art and coordinator of the Department of Art painting program.
This year's reception will include a visit to the Karl Drerup Art Gallery in the Draper and Maynard Building on North Main Street in Plymouth for the award presentation, a tour of Driscoll's exhibition of recent works and an opportunity to meet with the artist. Following the reception, students will be invited to tour the Department of Art studios.
For more information, contact the Karl Drerup Art Gallery at Plymouth.edu/gallery.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 10:49
LACONIA — The Hawk Composite Squadron, New Hampshire Wing Civil Air Patrol, will hold its Spring Open House at the Laconia Municipal Airport on February 6 from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Anyone interested in joining this organization as either a cadet member or adult member, should attend this meeting. Any questions they may have will be answered, including information regarding flight training and scholarship opportunities. Refreshments will be provided.
NH Wing, Civil Air Patrol will have several displays to include a Cessna 182 aircraft, emergency services vehicles and equipment to further demonstrate its Search and rescue capabilities. Aerospace Education will display model rockets and aircraft built by our members. There will be a recruiting booth for those ages 12 to adult interested in the three missions of Civil Air Patrol which are Cadet Programs, Aerospace Education and Emergency Services.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 10:37
MEREDITH — Celebrating its tenth anniversary, the Greater Meredith Program Board of Directors will host its annual meeting on Thursday, February 13 in the Winnipesaukee Ballroom at Church Landing in Meredith.
GMP President Rob Stephens and Executive Director Liz Lapham along with committee chairmen Jeanie Forrester, Promotions; Chris Williams, Design and Chris Kelly, Career Partnership Program, will highlight the programs, projects, and accomplishments of the past ten years followed by award recognitions, including Volunteer of the Year and Board Member of the Year. The meeting will end with a raffle drawing at 7:50 p.m.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 10:34
- Thrift Shop Holding Valentine's Day Sale
- Now is the Time: MLK Jr's Letter from Birmingham Jail at New Hampton School
- Geneology Archiving Workshop at Wolfeboro Library
- New Program Patriot Resilient Leader forming to Support Veterans
- LRCC Welcomes Gunstock Ski Club Members
- NH Charitable Foundation Supports Belknap Mill's Summer Concert Series