LACONIA — Irwin Automotive celebrated their 63rd anniversary this past January with Lincoln. Having served New Hampshire with 3 generations, Irwin's is coming off a record year of over 4,000 retailed new and used vehicles, making them one of New Hampshire's largest dealers. They have maintained a tradition of friendly customer service by being a perennial President's Award Winner. Additionally, they have done so with a belief in continued community involvement in the Lakes Region and beyond.
Irwin's was founded in 1951 by Robert H. Irwin, as a Lincoln Mercury dealership. The Ford dealership was later added in 1955. Peter Irwin, second generation, joined his father's team and added the Toyota dealership in 1979. Irwin's Used Car Center was later built in 1994 and located at 446 Union Ave in Laconia. With the new millennium came a Scion addition in 2002, as well as a 12,000 square foot expansion of the Bisson Avenue location. This location now totals 72,000 square feet, more than 15 acres, and 900 vehicles.
Irwin Automotive never stopped expanding and continues to grow. The next addition came with the Quicklane Tire and Auto Center in 2010, servicing all of the Lakes Region's maintenance and repair needs. In 2011 the Irwin Automotive Group expanded to include Hyundai, offering another selection of vehicles to all of Irwin's loyal customers. The growth has continued into recent months when NH Car Credit, a division of Irwin's was founded. The accomplishments and growth Irwin Automotive Group has accomplished throughout the years are truly admirable while keeping the business in the family from it's founding to 2014 with Chris Irwin, third generation as current Vice President. In 63 years of business, the Irwin family tradition has become a family tradition for many New Hampshire families, as Irwin's mission is "to treat every guest as their best friend."